The 2017 Conference of the NordicBaltic Festival Platform titled “Festival-Tourism-Local Communities” will be the first-ever dual-city event, taking place on 21-22 November 2017 in Helsingør/Helsingborg (Denmark/Sweden).
The Conference aims to bring together managers and artistic directors of festivals from all fields of art and culture to exchange ideas and best practices, make new connections and explore various possibilities for cooperation, and to visit some of the great, avant garde arts shows from the Nordics.
- Dunkers Kulturhus, Sweden
- Kulturverftet (Helsingør Cultural Center) or Toldkammaren (venue of Helsingør Teater), Denmark
The conference programme will include:
- Two (2) panel discussions connected to tourism and community engagement
- moderated by NBFP working group members Mrs Leelo Lehtla and Mr Kai Amberla
- Presentation of the NBFP Web Platform for promoting the region’s festivals (public by April 2018)
- Further discussions/presentations on some of the following topics:
- how to attract and engage (new) audiences
- innovative festival formats and content
- novel business models for festival management
- engagement of arts & culture networks with other Nordic-Baltic networks
- Speeches by central figures on the Nordic-Baltic culture scene
- Networking sessions for participants
- Presentations on funding possibilities
- NBFP 2017 Call for Projects “Winners'” project presentations (region’s festivals seeking new partnerships)
- Short festival presentations with prior registration
The conference will be hosted by Dunkers Kulturhus (SE) and Passagefestival/Helsingør Teater (DK).
All arts professionals are invited to take part in this one and only arts festivals conference of the Nordic-Baltic region!
The conference participation fees will be set and registration open in summer 2017.
For more information, please consult the NBFP website: https://www.nordicbalticfestivals.org